Not just SKY TV (BSkyB), but VIRGIN Media, BT-Vision, Freeview, FreeSat or the terrestrial tv channels...

Saturday 9 January 2010

Pixelated Picture on Sky Channels...

I have a Virgin box AND a SKY box. I was a SKY customer but following great reports about Virgin broadband, compared with BT and other phone line Internet providers, I switched in 2006.


Recently, Ive noticed that some channels (particularly the SKY family) have poor quality images during 90% of viewing, with pixelation during normal viewing.

I've also noticed that the pixelated images seem to miraculously disappear during adverts for SKY-HD and SKY-PLUS services.

Bob de Bilde's Comment:

How can this be so unless the pixelation is caused deliberately?

On the forums it seems I am not the only person to notice this, and some experts bend over backwards to blame VIRGIN MEDIA's system of re-transmitting a satellite feed via their own optical systems for the problem.

I repeat my last question with that response in mind: If the pixelation only occurs during programs and disappears during ads for SKY-HD and SKY-PLUS, how can it not be deliberate?

No comments:

Post a Comment